It just wouldn’t be a T Party without fairy cakes!
100g softened butter
100g white sugar
100g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g very soft butter
200g icing sugar
2 mixing bowls
12 cupcake moulds
1 oven tray
What to do
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas Mark 4
- Mix together the butter and the sugar until creamy soft yellow
- Add the eggs one by one mixing it together until all even
- Sift the flour in while mixing, always wanting to get an even finish
- Add the vanilla extract
- Pour the mixture evenly into the cupcake moulds, place on the oven tray and put into the oven for 20 minutes
While that is cooking, let’s make the icing
- In a mixing bowl add the really soft butter and icing sugar.
- Cream them in your hands and between your fingers so the mixture is really smooth, and then it’s done
- Take out the cupcakes when they are ready and let them cool down completely
- Carefully, you can scoop some of the icing mixture with a spoon onto the cupcake and then add whatever you want. Sprinkles, a marshmallow, a strawberry are always good choices.
The best part about making treats using sugar is of course eating them afterwards, but please remember to eat sugary foods as part of a balanced, healthy lifestyle and to take good care of your teeth with the help of your dentist. You might want to try one of these as a sugar alternative. All cooking should be done under adult supervision.