2) A varied, nutritious meal will not only improve your energy levels, but also your mood.
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Celery Sticks
220 grams Red Lentils
1 tablespoon Butter
Cumin –ground 1 teaspoon
Coriander – ground 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1-2 chicken stock cubes
Salt and Pepper
1) Chop all the veggies into equal dice sized pieces
2) Melt the butter in a pan and add all the veggies, cook for about 5 minutes on a low heat until they are tender
3) Add the cumin and the coriander and cook for a further 5 mins
4) Then all you have to do is add the water, chicken stock and lentils and simmer for about 30 mins.
5) If you want, you can blend the soup to make it a consistent creamy texture.
This meal is great for winter. It fills you up and you just feel healthier once you had it. It will last in the fridge for about 3 days and only has to be reheated.
The best part about making treats using sugar is of course eating them afterwards, but please remember to eat sugary foods as part of a balanced, healthy lifestyle and to take good care of your teeth with the help of your dentist. You might want to try one of these as a sugar alternative. All cooking should be done under adult supervision.